From the Habsburger Empire to the Congress of Vienna, from Jugendstil to the present day – if our walls could speak, our hotel could regale you with a multitude of stories.
Here one can still hear the laughter, the clinking of glasses and the music; here they are all still alive – the conversations and the thoughts of the extraordinary people who have given this hotel its distinctiveness, then and now.
1348 Lord Albrecht von Mistelbach
First mentioned during the era of Rudolf IV (the Founder).
1359 Herding der Brünner, “Panzermacher” (armor maker)
1460 S.M. Emperor Friedrich III
The building was known as the “Alter Dechanthof”
1472 Leupolden Wehinger
1487 Hans Widerstorffer
Inherited from Stefan Slyner
1542 Kaspar Neupeck, Bishop of Vienna
Thereafter owned for a long period by the aristocratic Neupeck family
1683 Christoph Grappler
Reconstruction was necessary after the 2nd Turkish siege.
1795 Emanuel v. Dorin
Construction and renovation in 1804; henceforth a 4-story building
1809 Franz Xaver v. Buchberg
Damaged in a bombardment by French troops under the command of Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.
1860 Andreas Bauer, hotelier from Bad Ischl
Given the name “Kaiserin von Österreich” (‘Empress of Austria’) by imperial decree
1910 Ferdinand Heger
1933 Wilhelm Kopony
1945 M.Engelmann / F.Torscht / Klindert-Bayer
Damaged by a bomb on 12th March.